Program duration:6 months
For whom:firms at MVP stage
Financing amount:up to PLN 180,000
What should you know?
What will you gain?
When you take part in the acceleration programme, you can gain:
- A subsidy in the amount of PLN 20,000 (for anyone who is qualified to the Acceleration Stage);
- Support up to PLN 180,000;
- PLN 50,000 for expert services and mentoring;
- Professional support provided by ESA, NASA and POLSA experts in the scope of GNSS technology, Earth observation and integrated applications;
- Access to Opegieka cloud for projects in the space sector, for 12 months on preferential terms;
- Space for work in the Gdansk Science and Technology Park and also access to 3D printers and other advanced devices;
- Business mentoring – professional support of experienced entrepreneurs and world-class experts;
- Individual supervisor for each team, whose role will be to provide organisational support and supervision of project progress;
- Contacts to potential investors: investment funds or business angels;
- Access to production teams with experience in introducing products onto the market;
- Possibility of learning how to create materials for potential investors such as an investment teaser, pitch deck or professional presentations;
- Possibility of testing your solutions at Space3ac partners – state-owned companies, businesses and institutions that offer intermodal transportation services.
Participation in the Programme is free.
What are the requirements?
To join the Programme you have to take part in one of the recruitments and meet the following conditions:
- Develop a project that meets the requirements of the National Intelligent Specialisations, especially for the space industry, logistics, e-commerce, sea and intermodal transport;
- Own a prototype or an MVP of your solution at the third readiness according to the TRL scale;
- Have knowledge regarding downstream technologies of the space sector and your team to have competences in the scope of using satellite data (Earth observation, telecommunications, navigation);
- Have the ownership title to the project that you are submitting, and until the documents are signed, you will need to create a limited liability partnership (sp. z o. o.); or
- Be a part of a company with the status of a micro enterprise or a small enterprise that is not listed on a stock exchange;
- Own a company that has been functioning for less than 5 years and which was not created as a result of a merger and in which a division of income has not been completed.
Partners of Space3ac look for solutions that meet their particular needs. Areas where projects will be selected:
- Intelligent Traffic Management System on the premises of the Gdańsk Port;
- System of sensors/detectors of noise, dust and odour level measurement in the key points of the Port along with a system for data transfer;
- Visualisation of the Port space along with a Spatial Information System;
- Visualisation of investment areas taking into account the ground and underground media as well as geological information;
- Satellite monitoring of the Baltic Sea water level;
- Assessment of air pollution and water contamination level in Baltic Sea along communication routes, based on satellite data;
- Electronic system for managing environmental laboratories – from collecting samples, through research and issuing a report;
- Ensuring tracking of containers with goods from customers from the beginning of their logistic chain until formal delivery, regardless of the type of transportation and reloading method;
- Ensuring safety control, operational control over documents, supervision over vehicles and trailers working on the route to Scandinavia so that it covers the entire transport process – road and sea transport as well as reloading operations in ports.
The authors of challenges will be happy to test beta versions of solutions generated during the acceleration. The best of these solutions in their final versions will be implemented in selected companies.
What are the stages?
Within this project, there will be two rounds of the acceleration programme. The duration of each round is approximately 6 months:
1st round: February 2017 – August 2017;
2nd round: September 2017 – January 2018
SCHEDULE AND COURSE OF RECRUITMENT
- Recruitment start – recruitment to particular editions of the accelerator takes place through an active submission form.
- Recruitment end – recruitment lasts approximately one month.
- Formal and professional assessment – checking the formal criteria of the submitted projects, such as legal status, compliance with the National Intelligent Specialisations.
- Concluding a contract – formal acceptance of a team to the acceleration programme, granting the first financing instalment.
- Acceleration start – starting works within the Programme.
If you are accepted to join the Programme:
- You will take part in the Preparation Camp – a two-day event where you will meet partners, the acceleration team and other participations prior to official start of the Programme. During the Preparation Camp, an Investment Committee will choose teams that will take part in the Acceleration Stage;
- Only 13 teams will be invited to the first acceleration stage;
- You will spend the first four weeks on meeting the partners, working on the details of your project and confirming the possibilities of its implementation;
- After the first month, top 10 teams will be selected that will continue to develop their projects and work on implementation at partners:
- Each team qualified to the Acceleration Stage will receive PLN 20,000 in a non-refundable subsidy at the beginning;
- Teams that will qualify to the second acceleration stage and that will execute works according to the predefined business goals and milestones, will be eligible to receive additional support up to PLN 180,000;
- During acceleration, verification will be completed while the project will be adjusted to the needs of partners;
- The Programme is stationary that is why at least one person from the team must take part in on-going works and workshops;
- During Demo Day, you will present your solution and work result in the accelerator to a big audience composed of guests including investors, business partners and potential customers;
- You will obtain the status of a Graduate of ScaleUP – Space3ac Intermodal Transportation and will be able to continue work with the accelerator after its end.
The Space3ac Intermodal Transportation Accelerator was created within the scope of the ScaleUP contest organised by the Polish Agency for Enterprise Development, which is the first project of the government Programme entitled “Start In Poland”.
- Pomorska Specjalna Strefa Ekonomiczna Sp. z o.o.
- Zarząd Portu Morskiego w Gdańsku S.A.;
- Zarząd Portu Morskiego w Gdyni S.A.;
- C. Hartwig Gdynia S.A.;
- Marine Institute in Gdańsk;
- Polish Space Agency.
Places of work:
Gdansk Science and Technology Park
Trzy Lipy 3
Baltic Port of New Technologies
Pomorska Specjalna Strefa Ekonomiczna Sp. z o.o.
Władysława IV 9
mobile +48 667 20 00 70
t.: (58) 739 61 41
Important documentsTerms and Conditions of the Space3ac Intermodal Transportation Accelerator FAQ of the Space3ac Intermodal Transportation Accelerator
The application process has ended
Send an e-mail
Do you have questions? Write us
Usually, we respond that day of the day