Technological Entrepreneurship Foundation – MIT Enterprise Forum Poland Accelerator (MITEF Poland)
Program duration:6 months
For whom:firms at MVP stage
Industry:energy, health, fintech, raw materials
Financing amount:up to PLN 250,000
What should you know?
- Take part in the accelerator realized on the basis of know-how from MIT, one of the best technical universities in the world
- Up to PLN 250,000 of financial support and access to mentors and experts from the international MIT network
- The best five startups will be able to go on a weekly bootcamp to MIT to Boston and get the opportunity to present their idea to investors in the US
What will you gain?
Participation in MITEF Poland ensures the following benefits:
- Support up to PLN 250,000;
- Access to know-how developed within programmes executed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT);
- Access to mentors and experts from the international MIT network;
- Work within selected paths and specialisations with the biggest companies in Poland and abroad;
- Support in business verification of a project based on the model of 24 steps of disciplined entrepreneurship of Professor William Aulet from MIT;
- Pitch Academy – combining workshops and individual training that will enable you to acquire an investor;
- Support of lawyers, patent officers, tax advisors, consultants providing advice in terms of company financing;
- Mentor programme – each start-up will be assigned to at least two mentors with in-depth understanding of the industry in which the company operates;
- Access to the MIT MITex education platform;
- StartSmart – network conference involving the MIT eco-system and the eco-system of innovation in Poland;
- Joining the MITEF Alumni Programme supporting development of start-ups that participated in the accelerator;
- Access to the Campus Warsaw space;
- Possibility of global networking;
- Access to potential customers.
Participation in the Programme is free.
For the top five start-ups, there will be a possibility of attending a week-long bootcamp at MIT in Boston, presentation of the idea to investors in the USA and participation in week-long workshops at MIT.
Your ideas can be developed within five area-specific paths:
- Fintech – “Let’s Fintech with PKO Bank Polski”;
- Health – cooperation with Adamed Group;
- Energy – cooperation with PGNiG;
- Raw materials – cooperation with KGHM Cuprum, Research and Development Centre;
- General – technologies within the scope of National Intelligent Specialisations.
What are the requirements?
To join the Programme you have to take part in one of the recruitments and meet the following conditions:
- The application must be submitted by at least two and no more than six natural persons that create a team operating in the form of a partnership and conducting a business activity under § 21 of the Ordinance of the Minister of Infrastructure and Development of 10 July 2015;
- At least half of the team members participating in the Programme must hold Polish citizenship;
- Each of the participating team members must be legal-aged;
- Your project meets the conditions of National Intelligent Specialisations, particularly those related to the energy, raw material, healthcare and financial sectors.
Acceleration place: Warsaw
What are the stages?
Within this project, there will be two rounds of the acceleration programme. The duration of one round is approximately 6 months:
1st round: December 2016 – April 2017;
2nd round: March 2017 – December 2017
SCHEDULE AND COURSE OF RECRUITMENT
- Recruitment start – recruitment to particular editions and paths of the accelerator takes place through an active submission form.
- Recruitment end – recruitment lasts approximately two months.
- Formal and professional assessment – checking the formal criteria of the submitted projects, such as legal status, compliance with the National Intelligent Specialisations by three international judges.
- Concluding a contract – formal acceptance of a team to the accelerator, granting the first financing instalment.
- Acceleration start – starting works within the Programme.
If you are accepted to join the Programme:
- Two mentors will be assigned to you (one Polish and one international mentor);
- You will obtain access to MITEF knowledge within the scope of the accelerator based on the book entitled “Disciplined Entrepreneurship: 24 Steps to a Successful Startup” written by William Aulet, as well as knowledge of specialists from MIT Enterprise Forum;
- You will take part in six workshops (held every two weeks in Warsaw), in the format of 24 steps based on the book written by William Aulet, a commercial practitioner and Professor of MIT Sloan School of Management for many years;
- You will work on developing your idea or product with experts, partners and mentors;
- You will take part in Demo Day, where you can present your solutions to scientists, jury, investors and partners;
- You will have an opportunity of attending the MIT Bootcamp in Boston (for the top five start-ups);
- You will obtain post-acceleration support within the scope of MITEF Alumni.
The accelerator was created within the scope of the ScaleUP contest organised by the Polish Agency for Enterprise Development, which is the first project of the government Programme entitled “Start In Poland”.
- Technological Entrepreneurship Foundation.
- Powszechna Kasa Oszczędności Bank Polski S.A.;
- Zakład Farmaceutyczny Adamed Pharma S.A.;
- KGHM CUPRUM sp. z o.o. – Research and Development Centre;
- Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo S.A.
Fundacja Przedsiębiorczości Technologicznej
Nowy Świat 51 lok 3
mobile: +48 604 474 709
The application process has ended
Send an e-mail
Do you have questions? Write us
Usually, we respond that day of the day