End of applications:continuous recruitment
For whom:startups at growth and scale up stage
Industry:ICT, electronics, material technology, BioTech, online services
Financing amount:from PLN 1 to 4 mln
What should you know?
What will you gain?
Pomerangels invests capital in cooperation with Business Angels. The fund works with a network of almost 100 people interested in investing – entrepreneurs, managers or board members of large companies. As a result, the joint investment is based on of a smart money. Private investors are selected for each project on the basis of an appropriate, documented industry experience and are actively involved in developing the companies in which they invest.
Apart from capital for development up PLN 4 million, the fund provides an access to their knowledge and contacts, resulting from various experiences and many years of cooperation between Pomerangels team. What's more, partnership with the fund and Business Angels helps to increase the credibility of the young company in the market. The fund invests primarily in projects at the growth and scale up stage, but it is also open to interesting projects at an earlier stage of development.
What are the requirements?
The fund primarily invests in startups that have first customers. Additionally, the fund values the following factors:
- an energetic, motivated founding team (2-3 people), focused on achieving new goals and quick development, which is open to listening to advice from people with experience;
- an innovative product or technology addressed to a large and clearly defined market;
- a strategy of protection against competition (patents, secret know-how and speed of entering the market);
- a clear plan of action and building the scale of operations;
- the fund is looking for projects in: ICT, advanced electronics (including security systems), technologies ensuring autonomy, modern material technologies, technologies optimizing production processes, Biotech, new ways of providing services and on-line services .
Private investors presented to the fund by the startup are also welcome.
What are the stages?
In order to apply to the fund, prepare a short presentation of your project and send it to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The presentation should refer to the above listed requirements. You can also make an appointment for a personal meeting or be recommended by people from the fund's environment
If the fund considers your project to be promising, it will contact you to determine all necessary information. After a series of meetings, a decision is made to involve the fund in the investment and sign a term sheet agreement that contains the basic terms of the transaction. At this stage, private investors are invited to the transaction, also those who were proposed by the startup team and accepted by the fund. Next stage is an in-depth analysis – due diligence to confirm the information provided and prepare the entity for the investment. The final stage of the process is a joint investment agreement with the startup and Business Angels as well as contribution of the capital. The investment horizon of the fund is 4-5 years.
Do you have questions? Write us
Usually, we respond that day of the day