Poland Prize powered by Starter
Program duration:November-January 2020
For whom:foreign startups
Industry:ICT, Fintech, Insurtech, TelecomTech, Space
Financing amount:up to PLN 250,000
What should you know?
- Poland Prize is a program encouraging foreign startups to set up business in Poland
- The initiative combines the idea of acceleration and soft landing for startups – the goal is to prepare foreign startups to develop further in Poland
- Dedicated to teams of 2 to 4 people – at least 50% of the company shares must belong to founders/team members from abroad (outside Poland)
- The financial support is up to PLN 200,00 and up to PLN 50,000 PLN for the expert services
What will you gain?
Poland Prize powered by Starter is an acceleration program that connects large companies with technology startups. The aim of the program is to position Poland as the first market for young companies that want to develop in Central and Eastern Europe, and to support the development of European startups, by connecting them with potential clients.
The Starter incubator is actively involved in the events on the British market, building a network of relationships of the local startup ecosystem. It cooperates with, such entities as Startup Sauna, Invest Stockholm, or the Polish-Scandinavian Chamber of Commerce. Accelerator is also involved in the implementation with the Swedish partners of the IRIS project – Improved Results in Innovation Support – addressed to the startups in the Baltic Sea region. The partners includes companies as Neoteric or Speedup, which have many years of experience in building startups for clients from the USA, UK and Scandinavia.
Participation in the program will give you:
- dedicated patron for each team who help you with the organization of work and meetings;
- soft-landing – support in registering company in Poland, training in Polish business law, accommodation, dedicated VISA track for non-EU citizens;
- the possibility of cooperation with technology partners and leading companies both in Poland and in the world;
- business and technical consultancy at every level with the participation of experienced entrepreneurs and mentors from outside Poland;
- networking opportunities with representatives of mentors, investors, industry, companies, business, academia and public administration;
- co-working space in O4 in Gdańsk;
- flat and work in Gdańsk;
- participation in Demo Day.
What are the requirements?
If you want to participate in Poland Prize program, you need to meet the following requirements:
- you have a solution or prototype which can be tested and implemented;
- at least 50% of shares in the company belong to the founders or members of the team from outside Poland;
- you create projects based on ICT in Fintech, Insurtech, TelecomTech, SpaceTechnologies;
- your team is ready to respond to technological challenges prepared by the partners;
- you are second time founders.
Both companies and academic teams can apply to the program.
What are the stages?
Applications to the program are held as part of next two editions:
- 1st edition: 1 December – 28 February 2019;
- 2nd edition: 1 March – 30 June 2019.
Prepare a presentation which will discuss your solution. If your team successfully passes the recruitment process, you will be invited to an interview.
The application process has ended
You will be dircted to application form of Poland Prize by Starter
Do you have questions? Write us
Usually, we respond that day of the day