Huge Thing is a pre-acceleration program for pre-seed and seed start-ups from the whole Europe - mainly CEE - as well as the Baltic countries and Greece. This edition is the second one that will take place 100% online. The organizers are looking for start-ups that have a draft version of their MVP and create projects in areas such as education, medicine, gaming, sustainable development, but also other industries with a global reach.
The program emphasizes the validation of business ideas - as this stage is often the real Achilles' heel of young technology companies.In addition, Huge Thing is intended to help teams prepare for the first investment round. Therefore, it provides business knowledge, but also practical tools for the development of the company.
This is the next edition of the acceleration program, which is being developed in partnership with Google for Startups. How did this cooperation come about?
- We have been cooperating with the Google for Startups team from the very beginning of the Campus in Warsaw. During this time, we had the opportunity to create many joint projects. This cooperation grew closer when the Google for Startups team made the space on the Warsaw campus available to startups that participated in the Poland Prize pilot project that we ran. We had the opportunity to cooperate closely and work on the close synergy of activities. Then we started talking about the importance of supporting projects at the initial stage. We tested the cooperation a year ago and after analyzing it, we decided to continue - explained Monika Synoradzka, CEO of Huge Thing, in an interview with us.
You can submit your applications for the program until September 6th this year. - remember, however, that the recruitment process for Huge Thing consists of as many as 4 stages, which will take place between September and December! The first of these is online application collection; the second involves conducting remote interviews with selected start-ups. The third stage is a bootcamp, which will also be conducted through internet. This will be followed by the final selection of candidates.
Why is it worth considering Huge Thing?
Due to the possibility of participating in 1: 1 workshops and meetings with over 20 experienced mentors, as well as working with the project supervisor assigned to the team, who will help it to go through all the acceleration stages and evaluate the start-up's work. You will also gain contact with investors and potential business partners and early access to new Google products and services.
What teams are the organizers looking for?
- Full of passion and motivation to work full-time on developing your project.
- Consisting of at least two people.
- With a vision and an idea with global potential.
- Creating projects with high market potential, supported by preliminary market research.
- I would like for our startup founders, partners, mentors and the team not to only consider Huge Thing as a stop on their way of growth, but a place they can come back to. And I must admit that it is good to hear from the candidates during recruitment (as well as other places) that people know us, observe what we do with interest and that we are someone that they would like to work with - said Monika Synoradzka.
More information on the program can be found on the Huge Thing website.